Tuesday, January 13, 2009

New year, New Car, New Color Scheme, New Schedule and other News!

Ha! A new year and I still can't find time to blog! But I'm trying. This post and the next have been in draft form for weeks now...they got started, but not finished. Now they've been edited and are getting posted so I can get on to my "January" post to follow shortly.

Happy New Year!!!! We hope your year is off to a great start! Ours sure is...

We ended 2008 with a new car and joined the mini van club! God's goodness has been poured out in abundant and undeserved measure lately! House details in another post, but right before Christmas we found out that the bank was not going to wipe out all of our accounts, which meant that we could get a new van to accomodate our growing family! Brad had been watching the '08 Odysseys disappear at amazing prices and was hopeful we could get one before they were gone! And we got one of the last ones! To be honest, I love it and will love it even more when we can easily put 3 kids and company in it, but am having a hard time parting with my Explorer. I loved my Explorer! It was our Air Force car, we brought home our first 2 babies in that car, we hauled around Kacy (our golden) for a little while, took many road trips in it, etc. I'm ridiculousy nostalgic about a car, but it does have a lot of good memories tied to it! Thankfully, it will still be "in the family" as we are giving it to our favorite missionaries...my brother and sister in law! By the time the baby comes and I've figured out what all the buttons do in the Odyssey, I'm sure I'll love it just as much!


Pinks and Reds and Purples, OH MY! The new color scheme we are seeing these days is quite a fun change from what we've been looking at for the past 5 years! I have hit a few after season clearance sales and was given 2 huge garbage bags full of girl clothes! So much fun!!!

These are a few of the fun things that are now taking up space in our closets!!

And, there was a lot more to this post, but it got deleted! ;-) More later!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You will learn to love your van!! I loved mine but it was totaled in December. It was a great vehicle to have an accident it. It kept us all very safe;)