Saturday, February 28, 2009

Ahhhh, peace and quiet...

...at least for the moment. And probably for the last time today. The boys just headed out on a walk with Omi and Pop Pop and I am saving what little energy I have for the full day of travel ahead of us. I'm dreading the long trek through the airport (with the boys, stroller, car seat, 2 rolling carry-ons, and my purse) and the long flight that follows. But, thanks to gate assistance we should survive and find daddy waiting for us when we somehow make it off the airplane back in GA!

As usual, I have accomplished very little on my to do list for while we were out here in NV. I did survive, get a lot of Bible Study done and my boys had a Great time with grandparents that they rarely get to see...so all in all, it was a good visit!! Thankfully, we are all through the congested stage of our colds and will make it through the plane ride without rupturing ear drums, driving the people around us crazy with nose blowing, etc.

We did a lot of fun things while here in Vegas (pics possibly to follow when I get home)...the reason we are here in the first place (Yes, I said I was DONE traveling...) was to celebrate Brad's, Mom's Parents 60th wedding anniversary with all her family! We had a very nice time celebrating and honoring them and enjoyed time with Brad's cousins and Aunt and Uncle as well! We also got to meet our newest nephew, Liam! He is adorable and the boys couldn't get enough of him!!!

We did a lot of fun and new things while here also...
-a Pet Comedy Show, which was a big hit with everyone!!
-the children's museum-we love those places and saw the coolest science experiments this time!!
-a Bird/Animal rescue type place that the boys loved! Talking and dancing birds, couple day old baby goats to feed/pet, and lots of animals in general!! My boys just soak up their animal time since we are depriving them of pets!
-couple trips to 'In and Out Burger'!!!
-lots of time at the amazing parks here!!!
-lots of trips to the driving range/putting areas for Caden (we see a future here!!!) and golf watching with Pop Pop
-lots of "loving" on Annie time (who is such a good sport to put up with Owen's affection-though I think his constant slipping of food to her and begging to give her more treats is helpful)
-mommy enjoyed a facial (a requirement for being willing to make the trip) and was blessed by the lack of cooking and cleaning requirements and having a little more time to play with the boys and work on her "Esther" Bible Study (by Beth Moore--more on this later...it's REALLY good!!)
-lots of spoiling by Omi with good food and treats!!

Lots of fun, but we are more than ready to get home to Daddy and back to a routine! Being the end of February and this being the last big thing on the calendar I feel as though we are entering the final stretch before our Princess arrives. I've got lots of lists of things to accomplish in the next few weeks so that April is not too stressful!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We just loved having you visit!! What a treat for us!
Love,
Mom S.