I've missed reading all your blogs and hope to view a few (thanks to Brad's laptop and free wifi)while chillin' in the hospital for a few days.
Here are a few pics of the boys (along with a few notes for my future benefit). They may not get much press time (if anyone does) in the days to come, so I'll share now!


It actually "snowed" here in March! It was wet, Georgia snow, and didn't last more than a few minutes, but it was enough for Owen to experience it and attempt to catch snowflakes on his tongue! And enjoy hot chocolate afterwards! Owen is something else these days! I'm thankful he loves to make us laugh, because trying to keep him in his bed some nights is making us want to pull our hair out! He still adores his big brother and does/says EVERYTHING Caden does (good and bad). I have finally got him "watching TV" (Never thought I'd want that!) as long as it is "Signing Time" or "Boz." He is usually strapped into the high chair with a snack for signing time, but loves the videos and is always surprising us with the signs he remembers! He is also talking a lot these days! So different from the kid I was worried about not saying much at his 2 yr well check!! He is totally enthralled with baby girls at church and soccer games these days and seems to be excited about having his own baby "tista". Oh, and his prayers...TOO PRECIOUS! He squints his eyes, says "God" and "Jesus" and "Thank You" and then lists off every family member he can remember! It takes FOREVER sometimes, but we love it!!

And my Soccer Super Star!! I can hardly believe my first baby is so BIG! What happened!!! He is getting so grown up! He can't wait to have a baby sister and constantly shares thoughts about her or says things like how he is going to protect her! Thank You Lord for answering his prayer for a Sister!! He and I are half way through "Teach Your Child to Read in 100 Easy Lessons" and he is doing great! It is so fun to see him learning SO much! I am in the midst of ordering his curriculum for next year and can hardly believe we are starting Kindergarten!! He is loving Soccer again this season, especially with daddy as Coach!! He continues to be "all boy" looking for challenging adventures and trees to climb!

High Five to Coach Dad after a goal!!

EASTER!! He is Risen!!

It is IMPOSSIBLE to get a good picture of the two of them these days! Oh Well! (This is a cross we made from the trunk of our Christmas tree!)

Since I'm not much into bunnies and eggs on Easter (but my children have my sweet tooth for candy) we took the boys to an egg hunt at the hospital I'll be delivering at! They had a big party with games, bounce houses, food, animals to pet, fire truck/ police vehicles, etc., etc. The boys loved it and it was fun to show them where they would come meet their sister!

And, drum roll please, here it is...one of the few pics of my BIG, HUGE BELLY that is actually getting posted. Like usual, I am HUGE! If I have one more stranger comment to me about being due in 5 minutes, with twins, etc, etc, etc. I just may slug them! And feel good about it! I'm about to print a shirt to wear out and about that says something to the effect of "Does it look like I want to talk about this!?!" I'm am SO sick of it! I know they are trying to be nice, friendly, etc., but they are just being irritating! Just had to get that out! ;-) Anyway, it is a terrible picture of me, but there you have it (for those that request such pics!)!!!

Brad and I are in complete shock that my final Dr. appt was today and my folks arrive tomorrow! Where in the world did that last 9 months go!?! We are thrilled to be having a girl (who seems much more mellow than the boys were!!) and can't wait to introduce her to you all! We head into the hospital at 9am Tuesday morning (the date changed for those following the countdown thing on the right, sorry) and will post at least her name and stats sometime later that day!
Talk to you on Birth Day!
5 comments:
Kristin-Love, Love, LOVE it!!! Thanks for sharing!! I've been thinking of you. You, your precious little girl, and your whole family are in our prayers!! We can't wait to "meet" her! Love from sans, Rob, and Austin!
Great update. Love the pic of Owie eatting the snowflake and Caden giving a high five! You look great, can't believe it's time! We'll be praying for you and looking forward to hearing the good news of our niece's arrival! Lots of love!!!
It's so good to hear how things have been for you all, I was thinking of you! Sorry about the GD..nice you won't have to deal with it much longer. And you look great. I've learned people really need to keep comments to themselves when it comes to pregnant women. I never understood why they thought it was ever acceptable to talk to strangers like that??! Anyways, I wish you the best of luck on Tuesday and hope things go smoothly. Can't wait to hear the news!
Love,
Melissa :)
you look beautiful!!! Hope all goes well for you and you have a safe delivery!!
I have a good friend who uses that "Teach Your Kid to ...100 Lessons.."...she homeschools and swears by it...has and will use it with all 4 of her kids...her first one was reading when she was 3!
Hey Kristin!
I can't wait to hear about your little princess! It is so exciting. I will be praying everything goes well with the delivery and that you will recover quickly. Sorry to hear about your tough pregnancy.
Blessings,
Mindi
Post a Comment