I'm not back to blogging, but this is the easiest way to update anyone interested in what is going on here at the Summers haven! This will be sad news to some, good news to others and no news to those that already know or don't really care where we live!
After much prayer and total heart changes, we feel like God brought us to Atlanta for a reason and this is where we are to stay until he tells us otherwise! Our original plan was to go to New York before heading home to Colorado, but once we found out that we had to come here first in order to go to Loveland we decided to start in Atlanta. We had NO plans of staying here or falling in love with this place! We were scared to start praying about whether or not we were to go to Colorado, because we didn't want to hear the answer "No." It was possible to get there, so we were going! But God has been teaching us SO much over the last few months and we truly want to be where he wants us. And as we began to pray about it, He consistently showed us the beauty of where we are and how perfect it is for our family right now. I can honestly say that we REALLY like it here and almost can't imagine leaving now. It is still really far from our families and really hot (they call it Hotlanta for a reason)!!! But, we've survived this long on the East Coast and lived through 2 years in Tampa, so we think we can make it here! ;-)
Plus, staying here keeps us within driving distance of our house in Fl that is STILL for sale. Once again, we have someone saying they want it, but we've been down that road before and now know not to hold our breath. But, please keep praying and a HUGE THANK YOU to those that have been! It is greatly appreciated! Please pray for our hearts and attitudes to be right as well, regarding the whole issue! THANKS!
Ya'll give us a holler if you're fixin' to be in the area! I'm working on my biscuit making and we'd love to show a little Southern Hospitality! ;-)
~Kristin and the boys
7 comments:
Isn't that just like God sometimes? LOL! Well, I for one (okay for all five in our family) are glad that you guys are staying so close. We aren't Braves fans but we'll come out and catch a CARDINAL's game with ya.
Seriously - we need to look at our schedules and come out your way. We can ditch the boys and take Morgan to the American Girl store. :)
Excited to see what God does in your lives in Atlanta!
well, I am excited for you (but I'm not family so it's a little easier for me to be)
I just LOVE the Atlanta area - it's so great.
And it's cool that God has placed you in such a great place, it could be in a not so great place ;-)!
I am excited you are staying close, it means a maybe trip to Disney in the near future for you or a trip to the Aquarium for us...Our kids can still manage to see each other once in a while!
We're praying our little hearts out about your house sale! And we'll definately be taking you up on those biscuits :) One of B's favs!
love,
MJB
I can't say I'm completely surprised, & therefore I wasn't holding my breath either! =)But I'm glad you have a peace about it and know that is where God wants you right now! We'll definitely keep your Florida house in our prayers!!!
Lots of Love,
Court
I'm so happy for you guys and think it's great that you have found a place that you love so much! God works in wonderful ways..I learn that more and more everyday. :)
If Dan and I move back to the States next year we will definitely be down for a visit. If we're not..hopefully you're still there in 3 years and we can still visit!
I look forward to more updates..I love hearing how you all are doing and love seeing the boys grow. They are getting so big and are so adorable! Hope everything continues to go well..we miss you!
Love,
Melissa
SELL YOU STINKIN' HOUSE, SELL! I want Kris the blogger back!
Hope you had a happy mommy's day!
love,
Jaimee
Post a Comment