Sunday, December 9, 2007

Overwhelmed by God's Goodness to us!

There is nothing like being on a really tight budget to make you more aware and THANKFUL for God's abundant blessings. I just had to share a few of the things that have made me stop and saw, "Wow God, thanks for taking care of the details and meeting our needs (and even just the wants)." (Also want to be reminded of this someday when things may not be so "tight" at the time, as I am somtimes quick to forget these life lessons(hence having to be reminded, I guess)).

~Trying to watch every penny during a very expensive season (CO trip, wedding, birthdays, let alone Christmas) I was a bit frustrated at having to take Owen back to the Dr a few weeks ago and pay the co-pay which i hadn't figured into the weeks grocery spending (good thing about AF life, no co-pays). God was good to remind me to be thankful that I had a doctor to go to and a car to take my child there in when I saw another mother who had her child all bundled up on a bike with a few shopping bags in tow. After that he gave us FREE antibiotics through Publix (they have 6 or 7 free ones and ours was one of them!).

~God has sent rebate checks and unexpected deposits and even $125 from our mattress being banged up in the move...most of which were forgotten about or unexpected!

~God gave us a Wonderfully Large Gift Certificate through Brad's boss at GE! Brad had worked hard on a project and was rewarded with something they have called "A Night on the Town! " Such a blessing for Brad to be Thanked and rewarded for his hard work. He always goes above and beyond and how nice to finally be thanked for it! Way to go Sweetie!

~ And lastly (which in part prompted this post) it is the holiday season, which means work parties, which means baby sitters. Thankfully we have an Amazing church that is full of great babysitters, but even still our budget did not have babysitter money in it this month! When Brad told me we needed sitters for 2 nights I was like, ahhhhhh...ok. Once again, though not a necessity, our God has Blessed us with 2 Wonderful sitters (actually 4!) for us to be able to enjoy evenings out together, enjoying delicious (and paid for!) meals knowing that our boys are WELL taken care of! We have been blessed tremendously in getting to know a dear family from church(this is the kind of family I look at and think "I hope we're like them someday! I especially hope our boys turn out to have hearts like their boys!). While enjoying a great evening with them last weekend, they asked if they could watch our boys for us! So last night Mrs. Jan and her precious daughter came over to play with and love on our boys! And just now our neighbor, who adores Owen and has asked to babysit, said she and her boyfriend Mark would love to watch the boys on wed so we can attend the other dinner! I feel Blessed beyond words.

Wow, didn't mean for this to get so long! Just wanted to brag on my God for a few minutes! He is so good to us! Hope you are seeing His goodness each day too!

No comments: