It's 10:02pm. Caden has been sound asleep for a couple of hours.
Owen on the other hand, is WIDE AWAKE. This is our "practically a perfect sleeper" child. We do the bedtime routine, put him in his crib, walk out and he goes to sleep. NOT TONIGHT! We tried everything...diaper change, rocking, singing, opening the window shade so he could watch "Bu" the dog across the street that he adores...everything. He would calm down, hang for a few minutes and then decide to scream like we hurt his feelings for a while. Each time I would walk in he would stop mid-cry and chuckle. He is something else! We finally got him out and let him hang out with us! Maybe he just wanted us to himself for a change. Or maybe he and Caden heard me say something to the effect of "Maybe we can actually be in bed by 9pm tonight" (STILL feeling sleep deprived from vacation) and they decided that it would be Owen's night to put up a fuss! OR it could be the fact that he ate 3 (I kid you not) pieces of pizza for supper! Not little ones, mind you, the same big slices the rest of us were eating. I'm a little scared that it takes 2 pizzas to feed the four of us now...how many will I have to make in a few years to keep these boys full! Ahhhhhh, life with my boys! ;-)
Monday, July 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment