Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Baby Update

Thanks everyone for the comments, e-mails, etc. They have been fun to receive!

Here are a few details for those that asked for them...
~I'm due right around my 30th Birthday!! I'd have it on the day (May 2), except it is a Sat and I'm a c-section. Little bummed about that...what better B-Day gift is there (especially since it is likely the last time I'm doing this)!!?!!
~We will find out what we're having, Lord willing. But, we will not be sharing the name until arrival, so don't ask! :)
~Lastly, I feel HORRIBLE! All the time. (Hence, the last time I'll probably be doing this.) This time around has been far worse than the other two, with 24/7 ickiness. Not vomiting, just feeling on the verge of it constantly. I welcome all the ideas of how to cure this that are out there...I'm about to try baked potatoes loaded with salt today. ;-) (I did try zofran (prescribed from the ER, after getting a "bug" while on "vacation" 2 weeks ago...that is a whole 'nother post-if I ever feel like getting to it) but didn't find it very helpful.)

I don't want to sound whiny as I have so many friends that I am praying for, for babies. This is another one of those things where I just don't understand His ways. And I know I am not supposed to. I would gladly "wait my turn" so others could experience this first. My only conclusion is that I must have a far more selfish heart that needs another child to drive more of it out! Because children surely do that! ;-)

As far as all the "Pink" thoughts...thanks! We'll see...It would be nice to have a little girl around here soon! A few months ago, the Lord brought me to the point of truly being able to say "I want whatever you have for us, be it boy or girl." I honestly could not have said that before. I still don't imagine our home being complete without girls, but adopting someday is always an option.

Well, the boys are about to start stirring around here. It looks like any posts I do over the next few weeks (I don't imagine there will be many) will be in the early morning as I am almost beating the boys to bed each night! Evenings are the worst. Mornings are manageable. We covet your prayers these days for "surviving," for the baby and STILL the house in FL. Oh yeah, and for Brad who is out of town all week. (Praise God, my other Hero is here to help--my Daddy!)
Thank You!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

So sorry you're not feeling well!! I don't have many suggestions as nothing really worked for me..eat that salty baked potato, sounds yummy! I lived off of pizza and rice crispies for the worst weeks if that helps, ha-ha! Glad you have some help this week..you and the family are in my thoughts and prayers!!

Love,
Melissa :)

Courtney said...

I will be praying, right now...praying, praying, praying!!! Not to get your hopes up, BUT...Tarah was her sickest when pregnant with her son as apposed to her two daughters, so maybe...
That's my wishful thinking coming though, but I am glad to hear that you have a peace about it either way. God is good and His will is perfect. I love you and hope all of this passes SOON! Call me if and when you feel better.
Love,
Court

Heather and Scott said...

Congratulations =) I so feel your pain about being pregnant...it's actually a big reason why we think we might be done! I'm no good at the pregnant thing! What worked best for me...1) Praying that I wouldn't try to take control and that I would give it to the Lord 2) chewing gum when I felt icky 3)medicine from the doctor (although it made me sleepy, so I didn't take it) 4) having someone else clean my house and cook for me (which means my husband since we didn't hire either) 5) going to Hawaii =) Hope something in there sparks something for you! I've also heard recently that vitamin B6 helps. Considering I never could take my pre-natals (they always came back up), I'm not sure if the B6 would work for me either. Worth a shot though! We'll be praying for you and the kiddos.

RU said...

UGH, having just gone through the "All Day Sickness" routine I can surely sympathize with you- it STINKS!!
I did crave baked potatoes during that time and had them EVERY day- with lots of salt and sour cream. I can't say that it helped, but it was the only thing that sounded good and I could eat. I hope it passes quickly for you. I am glad that you have some help. I sucked on ginger lozenges (found at whole foods type store) and that seemed to help a little but nothing else worked. I tried wrist bands, accupuncture, massage, baths.... nothing worked!
Perhaps this means it's a girl :)

Marc, Jaimee, Ben and Liam said...

The only thing that truely comes close to working is to be left alone in a quiet room to lie down and rest... as much as possible. And even then, you don't really feel better, so you still need lots of sympathy and lovin' - I know Brad is up to the task because he loves you so much!

Anonymous said...

Hey Girl!
Got your message last night! I am so happy for you all! I knew it had to be coming! :) I will be praying for you! I'll call you soon and plan to come get those boys to spend some time at our house. Glad your sweet Daddy rode in on his white horse to help you out. I know it makes it easier for Brad to be away this week also. As for the boy/girl thing....you know how I feel about boys! :) But then again, girls are pretty darn fun too! Good thing we don't get a choice in the matter. God knows exactly who fits in our family. Can't wait to welcome him/her! Lots of Love and Prayers, Jan
P.S. Call me if you need me! I 'll get on my little pony and come rescue you too!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! We are so happy for you. We are praying for your family:) If there is anything else we can do please let us know. Thanks again for the visit we had a blast!!