Friday, October 24, 2008

Meet Sasha

For those that have not been around me during a first trimester (which is many of you), I thought you might like to meet the person who kicks the real Kristin out and moves in when the pregnancy tests come back positive.

Her name is Sasha. She was named by my sweet friend in Fl who helped me survive first trimester #2. (Something about Beyonce(sp?) having an alternate personality/name and that I needed one too) :)

Let me tell you about Sasha... Unlike Kristin, the organic, non-dairy, not too much meat/eggs, lots of veggies, drink as much water as possible, etc, etc, healthy eater, Sasha is, well, THE OPPOSITE!

My first inclination, this time around, that she was on her way was when I WANTED french fries (and I'm not talking about one or two of Brad's) and happened to eat them 3 times in one week! And that was before I took the test!

She likes every imaginable thing that Kristin normally eats very little of, and lots of it! She has been consuming eggs for breakfast every morning, requiring apple cider or Bolthouse farms soy chai latte (lots of protein) to get down vitamins and pills, been enjoying (needing) Wendy's Jr. Bacon Cheesburgers (w/o the bacon, but with the lettuce and tomato) and Salt and Vinegar chips on a regualr basis. Salt and carbs. Salt and carbs. That is what she likes! No water, unless it is really cold (which normally makes no difference). Very few veggies and salads unless someone else makes it. Lots of potatoes (baked and mashed), pizza and breads. Chocolate...nah. Sweets...take 'em or leave 'em.

Just ask Brad. It is weird! He has learned to just laugh, roll his eyes and chalk it all up to Sasha!

I'm hoping that Sasha is starting to pack her bags. I hate eating like this, but it seems to be the only way to stay alive during these miserable weeks. (and these have been the worst ever). Thank God for His mercy on my babies in spite of the "Sasha Diet." (maybe that is why they are 8 pounders!)

I think I'm starting to crawl out of the first trimester pit. My days are better, though nights are still bad. Just thought I'd introduce you to Sasha while she was still here! :)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

He-he, I love this..so funny! Although not as healthy as you to start, I also craved salt, didn't want my veggies or salads and could care less about chocolate or dessert (which I ALWAYS got when we ate out). Just made me giggle :) Glad you're feeling better and hope Sasha is on her way out the door!!

Marc, Jaimee, Ben and Liam said...

What? Silliness, I say just embrace it :)

Marc, Jaimee, Ben and Liam said...

Need a picture of my nephews :) Any kind will do, you don't even have to write a comment, we're just having Caden and Owen withdrawl!

Jaime said...

I just had to say this post is hysterical. I found your blog on Heather Campbell's blog (my sister in law). Anyways, I didn't want to be an anonymous blog-stalker so I thought I'd let you know how much I enjoyed your post! I hope you don't mind that I dropped in!

Blessings in the blog-o-sphere!

Jaime

RU said...

ME TOO :) I love salt and vinegar chips right now and I had a baked potato every day for the first 2 months! I also eat eggs every morning. Perhaps there is a reason for all the food oddities we are eating.

Stacy said...

Oh - I should have named my Preggo-self! What a funny idea!! I love that you have embraced Sasha as part of your family!! HAHAHA!!