I LOVE getting Christmas cards in the mail! And today was a FUN mail day!! I am horrible at keeping in touch (as many of you know) so Christmas cards are a big deal to me. I love to see how everyone has changed, how big kids are getting, hearing news, etc! We put our pics on the fridge all year (so even if you aren't hearing from me, I'm thinking of you as I look at you each day!!) and when I got the first pic of the season (Sandy, two years running!! ;-) the previous year's pics come down. I hate how bare and ugly the fridge looks without all those beautiful pics! Love 'em, love 'em, love 'em!! And, amazingly, ours actually got out before Christmas this year!!! Well, almost. I'm 99% done.
We have had a Fun, Full season already with another full week ahead! I can't believe Christmas is already next week! So far, we have helped host a children's birthday party at 'Our House'(downtown), baked treats, gone 'Back to Bethlehem, partied with our Care Group, shopped, wrapped, baked some more, and Caden and I got to go to a Christmas concert together last night at the church next to our house (where I found out Beth Moore will be speaking next month!!! ;-). We have big plans in the morning and then in the evening Brad and I get to go out to dinner with folks from work!! YEA!!! No kids, no cooking, no dishes, no kids, no paying the bill, no kids...woo hoo!! Can you tell I'm excited!?! And then we get to do it again the next night...WOO HOO!!! That will be one of the highlights of the season for me (or at least a close second to getting to go to walmart ALONE this evening-ha!). This is one tired mommy in need of some time with JUST the daddy! The finale of this week is Caden's "fake birthday" as he is calling it (his party) at Chuck E. Cheese on Friday. I gave up my lofty ideas of having an "old fashioned" party here at home with lots of games (Caden is SO into games right now!), pinata, etc. Too much work. So, we'll go party with the mouse, I'll be less stressed/exhausted and he'll love it just the same (probably more)!!
So, in the morning we find out if we will be the parents of 3 boys (I'm exhausted just thinking of that!!) or if we will enter the girly world of hair bows and dolls! I can honestly say that I have no feelings one way or the other. This pregnancy has been far more miserable than the first two, but Owen's was worse than Caden's, so that means nothing to me now. I truly will be happy with whatever God has for us! I'm so thankful to be able to say that! No tears if it's a boy! Just want to see it healthy! Caden, on the other hand, is set on a girl! Which is fun to see/hear! He wants a sister and said "there are already 3 boys in this house." I know he'll get over it, but I hope he is not initally too disappointed if it is a boy. He is going to the ultrasound with us. Squirmy Owie is staying with a friend! That kid is something else these days...good thing he is SO stinking adorable! (Lord, if it is another boy, I need one that sits still for more than 5 seconds please.) Owen has found a new interest in puzzles and is taking up building with the Quatro legos, which is nice!
So, that is about it! Sorry no pics, I've been taking lots of video these days! I promise pics when we announce what we're having!!
Merry Christmas!!
Monday, December 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
We're excited to hear the news!!! =) I remember my sister telling me once that either way you'll be excited, and either way you'll be sad. I think that's true. But we'll be excited either way!!! =) Love you guys!
Great post! So fun to read all your news. We can't wait to hear about our newest niece/nephew!
love,
MJBL
Can't wait to hear the news!!! Love you all!
Post a Comment