Monday, August 11, 2008

So, I guess we're potty training...

Something to read...because Caden has something to read!
YAY!!! Let's Clap for Me!!!

I told you a few weeks ago that I was sure it was a fluke that went Owen went pee pee on the potty the day we got it out. Well, he has continued to go almost every evening before baths. Then this past weekend, he told Brad he had to go and went! Then, yesterday he told me and went pee pee and poo poo (I hate writing that)! TODAY, he told me and did both again, on the BIG Potty! Woo Hoo!!! After talking the diapers on and off for a bit this morning at breakfast (the 2 events on the potty were separated by a few minutes) I finally decided to use a pull up (had a pack in the closet, purchased at a Great price and reserved for much later use) and he kept it DRY all morning (a quick run to the store after lunch ended the dry streak)!!

At times I find it slightly annoying that he wants to do EVERYTHING his big brother does, but NOT ANYMORE! I'll put up with any of it, if I get a potty trained one year old out of it! Way to go Caden!! If I had known how helpful it is to have an older one around to show 'em how it works, I would have borrowed or rented one the first time around! ;-)

Disclaimer: this was not my idea. I am not an over-eager potty training mommy! We are going to Disney World with Brad's family in a few weeks and I had no intention of taking a potty-training one year old...miserable (and practically impossible). It has just sort of happened. We're not fully "training," but I'm certainly not stopping it!

Guess, I'm getting close to number #3, if this one is going to potty train himself! Now, I just need him to decide he is done with the pacifier... ;-)

3 comments:

Marc, Jaimee, Ben and Liam said...

I think that's great! B started using the potty before 2 also and I think it was one of the main reasons that when we got serious he was 100% inside of 2 weeks!

Stacy said...

I was so not ready to potty train when Tyler decided he was ready. But it's one of those things...if we as a mom don't take advantage of the opportunity given to us...then it's our own dang fault!! Good luck at Disney world!! The kids get to go when they are 8...they are counting the years!

Christie said...

Look ot Owen, so cute. We started the week after Adison turned 2 & he is doing great. Pooping is still not a preferred in the potty, but he is doing awesome!!