"So how do these things work?"
"Why don't you just poke it, like this!""Hmmm, what does your fortune cookie say?"


We have had a blast with the Olympics around here and are sad that they are over! Before they began, we checked out books from the library about swimming, track and field, etc. which Caden really enjoyed! We found China on our globe and had Chinese food for dinner with our friend/neighbor Tim before going over to his place to watch the Opening Ceremonies on a real TV! So glad we saw it...Awesome! Caden and I made Olympic rings and then ended up doing a full poster with clippings we found (kinda tough when you don't get the paper)! He is very into cutting and pasting these days, so this was a fun project!
Many days he took a nap so that he could stay up late to watch the events with us! He said many times, "I want to see the turdles" (aka hurdles). ;-) When asked what his favorite events were he said "the gymnastics girls on the bars" (uneven bars) and also the men's rings. It was so fun to see him sitting in his little chair chanting "Go USA! Go USA!" ;-) What fun to experience it all through a child's eyes! He asked me the other day " Do they have baseball at the Olympics?" I said "yes" and he said "Oh Good. I'm going to be in the Olympics!"
It was fun to have something different to converse with him about at dinner and such. We talked about China and how they don't allow people to worship God the way we are allowed to here in America. We talked about how the athletes have to train hard and tied in a few good Bible verses. It was a very fun, little family oriented homeschool unit study!
While trying to explain to him that the Summer Olympics wouldn't happen again until he was 8, he was slightly bummed, until I said that next winter he could watch the Winter Olympics with skiiing and ice skating, to which he interrupted with "yeah, with lots of flips and stuff!"
2 comments:
How fun! Great ideas! I'll have to refer back to this post for the next Olympics. Love the picture of Owen with the chopstick!
love,
MJBb
What a great mom you are!!! =)
Post a Comment